Dr Shrish Budree
• Bio Sketch
Pediatric Gastroenterologist by training with extensive experience in the clinical management of inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, nutritional disorders and enteric infectious diseases (in particular Clostridioides difficile infection). Broad experience in microbiome sequencing and analysis with a focal interest in translational microbiome research (fecal microbiota transplantation, probiotics and dietary) and drug development.
• Research Interests
o Microbiome sequencing
o Drug development
• Budree S, Goddard L, DeLacy R. Approach to Childhood Functional Constipation. SAMR 2013; 10(2): 4-19
• Budree, S., Goddard, E., Brittain, K., Cader, S., Myer, L., and Zar, H. J. (2016) Infant feeding practices in a South African birth cohort—A longitudinal study. Maternal & Child Nutrition,.
• Allegretti JR, Kassam Z, Osman M, Budree S, Fischer M, Kelly CR. The 5D Framework: A Clinical Primer for Fecal Microbiota Transplantation to Treat Clostridium difficile infection. Gastrointest Endosc. 2017;1–12.
• Budree S, Stein DJ, Brittain K, Goddard E, Koen N, Barnett W, Myer L, Zar HJ. Maternal and infant factors had a significant impact on birthweight 5 and longitudinal growth in a South African birth cohort. Acta Paediatr. 2017 Nov;106(11):1793-1801.
• Borren NZ, Conway G, Garber JJ, Khalili H, Budree S, Mallick H, Yajnik V, Xavier RJ, Ananthakrishnan AN. Difference in clinical course, genetics, and the microbiome between familial and sporadic inflammatory bowel diseases. J Crohns Colitis. 2017 4. [Epub ahead of print]
• Claassen-Weitz S, Gardner-Lubbe S, Nicol P, Botha G, Mounaud S, Shankar J, Nierman WC, Mulder N, Budree S, Zar HJ, Nicol MP, Kaba M. HIVexposure, early life feeding practices and delivery mode impacts on faecal bacterial profiles in a South African birth cohort. Sci Rep. 2018 Mar 22;8(1):5078.
• Panchal P, Budree S*, Scheeler A, Medina G, Seng M, Wong WF, Eliott R, Mitchell T, Kassam Z, Allegretti JR, Osman M. Scaling Safe Access to Fecal Microbiota Transplantation: Past, Present, and Future. Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2018 Mar 28;20(4):14.
• Allegretti JR, Fischer M, Sagi SV, Bohm ME, Fadda HM, Ranmal SR, Budree S, Basit AW, Glettig DL, de la Serna EL, Gentile A, Gerardin Y, Timberlake S, Sadovsky R, Smith M, Kassam Z. Fecal Microbiota Transplantation Capsules with Targeted Colonic Versus Gastric Delivery in Recurrent Clostridium difficile Infection: A Comparative Cohort Analysis of High and Lose Dose. Dig Dis Sci. 2018 Dec 5.
• Olga C. Aroniadis; Lawrence J. Brandt; Caterina Oneto; Paul Feuerstadt; Alex Sherman; Allan W. Wolkoff; Zain Kassam; Rotem Gura Sadovsky; Ryan J. Elliott; Shrish Budree; Mimi Kim; Marla J. Keller; A doubleblind, randomized trial of fecal microbiota transplantation for diarrheapredominant irritable bowel syndrome. Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. June 2019
• Duvallet C, Zellmer C, Panchal P, Budree S, Osman M, Alm EJ. Framework for rational donor selection in fecal microbiota transplant clinical trials. PLoS One. 2019 Oct 10;14(10):e0222881.
• Kassam Z, Dubois N, Ramakrishna B, Ling K, Qazi T, Smith M, Kelly CR, Fischer M, Allegretti JR, Budree S, Panchal P, Kelly CP, Osman M. Donor Screening for Fecal Microbiota Transplantation. N Engl J Med. 2019 Nov 6 21;381(21):2070-2072.